The Papua New Guinea Extractive Industries Transparency Initiative (PNGEITI) is an entity established by the Government to promote transparency and accountability in the revenue it receives from the extractive industries and how it spends. PNGEITI is part of a global initiative known as the Extractive Industries Transparency Initiative (EITI).
The PNGEITI is overseen by a Multi-Stakeholder Group (MSG), comprising representatives from government, civil society and the extractive industry companies. The PNGEITI National Secretariat is an administrative body responsible for the day-to-day operations and implementation of the policy decisions and directives of the MSG.
Applications are now sought from suitably qualified individuals to fill the above vacant position. The Finance Officer will be responsible for the following:
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee all financial management, financial reporting, and compliance functions and obligations of the Secretariat;
- Develop, plan and manage the Secretariat’s financial and budgeting activities including drafting high-quality financial proposals and submissions to secure external fund from donors, development partners and corporate sponsorships;
- Manage Secretariat staff payroll, manage petty cash, processing of taxes and superannuation payments;
- Support implementation of effective administrative and human resources strategies; maintain staff files and records;
- Monitor and review staff terms & conditions, making recommendations for changes where appropriate;
- Maintain records of all financial related documents;
- Process payment requests according to the Government of PNG accounting procedures (Public Finances Management Act) and donor requirements;
- Raise payment vouchers and submit to the Head of Secretariat for clearance, and update cash book report and contract ledger after payments have been made;
- Process payment requests and financial transactions for local and international consultants and suppliers;
- Other finance and administrative related duties as assigned by the Head of Secretariat.
The ideal person should have:
- A degree or diploma in finance and accounting or such other related field;
- 3–5 years experience in financial management and accounts operation in a small office environment;
- Well-developed and demonstrated coordination, team building, analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Computer literate in Microsoft Office word and excel spreadsheet (proficiency in relevant financial software is desirable e.g. ANZ Transactive Banking).
- Familiar with staff payroll software, preparing regular financial reports and familiar with PNG Income Tax and Superannuation laws.
Written applications to be submitted with copies of recent CVs containing details of three referees and educational qualifications to:
Head of National Secretariat
PNG Extractive Industries Transparency Initiative (PNGEITI)
PO Box 1907
Applications can be hand delivered at the counter of the Treasury Building, Waigani Drive, or submitted electronically via the link below:
For further details please contact Ms Naomi Puipui on Telephone 313 3772, or email Naomi_Puipui@treasury.gov.pg
Note that only short-listed applicants will be contacted for interview.
Applications close on 27 November, 2020.