Expression of Interest | Short-Term Journalist
The PNG Extractive Industries Transparency Initiative (PNGEITI) is an independent entity established by the Government of PNG to promote transparency and accountability in the revenue it receives from the extractive industries.
The Secretariat is seeking to engage a short-term journalist to provide consultancy services. The Consultant will be responsible for providing support services by writing and producing media news articles or related works promoting the activities of PNGEITI for public information and awareness. These include:
- Information and press releases showcasing a well-established and fully functional National Secretariat office and the multi-stakeholder group (MSG),
- Information and press releases highlighting extractive industries contribution (both direct and indirect) to the PNG economy,
- Information and press releases showcasing management and governance of the extractive industries;
- Information and press releases showcasing revenue generation and collection that is consistent with policy setting;
- Information and press releases showcasing engagement of stakeholders to effectively address issues affecting PNG’s extractive industries;
- Information and press releases showcasing implementation of PNGEITI report recommendations as directed by Cabinet and the EITI International validation outcomes and Board decisions for PNG;
- Information and press releases showcasing special projects undertaken by the PNGEITI and its stakeholders such as Beneficial Ownership, Sub-national Payments, Policy and Legislation and others as directed by the Head of National Secretariat.
Qualifications and Experiences:
The consultant must possess tertiary qualifications; Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Journalism, Information and Communication Technology (ICT). Have experience in journalism or in the media and communications field and should have at least 3 years’ relevant experience in producing news articles and related works as specified in the Terms of Reference (ToR). Some experience in writing on the PNG extractive sector including oil, gas and mining would be an advantage but not necessary.
Duration of Engagement:
The engagement will be for a period of 8 months from May to December, 2021. Interested individuals may obtain a copy of the Terms of Reference (ToR) which provides specific details on the tasks involved.
ToR can be downloaded: http://pngeiti.online/job-type/jobs/
Expression of Interest (EOI) must be received no later than 4:30 pm, 27 April, 2021
Email to Francis_Diakon@treasury.gov.pg or hand deliver to the Secretariat Office located at the Treasury Building, Waigani.
Head of National Secretariat